Wednesday, June 09, 2010

Don't Take My Word For It (part 2)

Hearing how technology changes the lives of users with disabilities using their own words makes more of an impact than my words. A great article at the AT Mac blog describes how an adult web designer who is autistic utilizes readily available technology throughout his day, for communication, organization and managing trouble.
“I could not live without my iPhone”

How many times have you heard someone say that? Or something similar about a gadget, whether it’s an Apple device or otherwise? Well, for me, that's pretty much true. Welcome to the world of autism and assistive technology."

This is fantastic. I loved reading how technology helps Jamie Knight achieve greater independence. Technology makes a difference. It is about the tools and this article reinforces the importance of showing our students different tools so they can develop their own toolbelt for life beyond school.



No comments: